Thursday, June 22, 2006

I thought I would use this blog as the place where I let my hair down a bit and share how I feel about things in travel that really bother me. I spend so much of my time finding the good in everything and promoting travel as a way to grow, but frankly, many of the people who are working in the travel industry need to take their own advice and CHILL. You want us to travel, spend our money, and help keep your rent paid. Then be nice!

What is up with fat, ugly, rude flight attendants who've been doing their jobs for so long that you can feel the bitterness radiate from their bodies as they stroll the isles for garbage. Do us all a favor and retire. You make flying horrible, and the only way we can get to some of the best places in the world is by getting on a plane. Why make the ride so damned dreadful?

I understand that running an airline costs a fortune, but can you just take a minute and fly on your own planes and see what it's like? The actual act of traveling sucks (no, 9-11 is not the cause of all our travel woes). Can you just beam me to Barcelona Scotty, because the people on this plane are driving me crazy!

What is up with stinky passengers? Can you please take a bath before you get on a plane? Even if you don't think you stink, please take a shower and put clean clothes on before you board. Oh, and deodorant - that is a great call!

And moms with your screaming kids who you let kick the back of my seat. Stop it! Just say no to your child. You might think your child is the center of the universe, but the 300 other passengers on the plane don't.

Okay, that is good for today. Maybe tomorrow I will tackle rude hotel staff or bad waiters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home